Rica's passion for old world opulence made her wedding with Wendell romantic and really classical. With a little help from their family, the wedding theme turned out to be unique and worth planning for.
I wish David was able to take more photos but technically, since we were coordinating the event, he can only take shots when we arrive at the hotel, during the make up and after the reception program. Planners would attest that sometime in between those segments that I have mentioned are the busiest ones.
The Rigodon Ballroom of the Peninsula Manila was styled accordingly by April and Karen Yu. The VIP table centerpiece includes lush flowers in Gold urns and some birdcages with votive candles and loose petals
Thanks to April for the two reception set-up photos. :)
The Entrance of the Rigodon Ballroom from the foyer area ( usually used forc coktails ) was styled with rich burnt orange drapes and some hanging crystals giving the guests a feel of the theme.
A surprize came later that night when guests learned that the centerpieces including the urns may be taken home. Heavy as it looks, guests were delighted to take one home
Rica and Wendell gave Almonds in gold boxes as a keepsake for the guests. We have put the boxes on the guests tables and the guests loved them.
Here are some reasons why their wedding became uniquely elegant:
1. I never thought that a big bouquet would compliment a bride ( thought of the flowers overpowering the bride's beauty ). In this case, it was well fitted.
2. The victorian inspired gown ( high collar and all ) made Rica's beauty look like she just went out of a periodic romance storybook. I would love to wear it myself. :) Every female entourage member wore cameo pendants too. Their make up by Madge Lejano made them prettier and vibrant.
3. The couple paid attention to small details. They used a lace parasol during the pictorials. It added a bit of romantic flare to the whole set-up. It was a good thing that Wendell's mom and sister were big fans of victorian items too.
4. ENTOURAGE DANCE - Oh yeah, the bridal entourage performed a special dance number after the couple march down the reception hall. The sister of the bride took an extra mile to choreograph the dance.
5. The grandfather of the bride gave out a toast for the newlyweds
6. The groom sang IKAW LANG ANG AKING MAHAL by VST for her bride - With the help of his two close friends, he was able to make this segment the reception's highlight.
The parents of the couple gave out a very unexpected emotional messages that got everyone teary-eyed.
To see more of this wedding, please visit the following sites
http://dinolarablog.com/ for the official photos
http://shierdan.com/ for the onsite Audio Visual Presentation